Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Welcome to The Shack

Welcome to The Shack
pardon the photo, it was dark as it is now days at an early hour!
Dick & Pat I'm fairly certain know no strangers.  I was told once, if the shack is "open" and Dick is there, anyone is welcome :).

The Shack is a large eclectic array of memorabilia from all over the country and the world.  You'd truthfully be surprised at some of the things people have sent and or left for the Shack.  There's truly a bunch of history in all this stuff.  And I'm not going to lie, there is so much, you can't see it all in your first gander

Please notice all the writing on the walls... That is one of the traditions, your first time to the shack, you sign the wall!

Above the cups you'll notice some beer bottles.  They are from all over and some seemed pretty old.

A nice Wild Turkey Span

Money from all over that people have left for Dick.

Truthfully, there is so much information here, I wish I could remember everything Dick was telling me.  Sadly I just can't :(  Guess that means I'll have to go check it out and pick his brain again :).

And now you can't have a good get together without food!  Sorry it just doesn't happen that way.  And being Thanksgiving week, why not have a Thanksgiving meal among friends! We had ham, green bean casserole, potato casserole, gravy, deviled eggs, pickled green beans and so much more I can't even remember it all!

And after taking this photo was about the time I fell off the chair I was standing on.  After dinner was over we were treated to a nice array of desserts.  No pictures of those apparently... I'm not finding any anyway.  My Mother in law made this wonderful pumpkin cake thing with this new stuff called cool whip frosting.  Never had it before but it sure was yummy!

Dick convinced my hubby to strum a bit on the guitar.  My SIL joined in with singing.

Do you remember Wilson Wilson (for some reason I even want to say his name was Wilson Wilson the III or something like that) from Home Improvement?  This so could have been a way for him to be "seen" :).  My MIL was basking in the warmth of the heat!

Later everyone migrated inside and Dick had pulled out an old record player and some 45's and we were getting down to some fabulous music! :).  There might have even been a little bit of dancing by my MIL :)

And that ladies and gentlemen is, The Shack!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like a GREAT place to hang out! Can't wait to come visit Nicole so she can bring me!!

    ReplyDelete